Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have cultured new pill bugs and i cant belive it works they have now started to reproduce and little pill bugs the size of spring tails have been in my viv my only concern is if my leucomela is going to eat them before they are to big to eat and if so i have to take them out and clean the 5g viv can eny onen give me advise as to what to do when my viv get crouded with them or should i just keep them in there ??

thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
When you add the isopods to the viv do it at night while the frogs are sleeping to give the isopods the best chance possible to hide. Ideally the isopods should have been added several weeks before the frogs, but you can still establish a viable population within your vivarium. I wouldn't worry about the isopods becoming overpopulated. I doubt that it will happen. Luecs will eat any young isopods they come across. You are more likely to run into the opposite: the frogs eat up the isopods faster than they can reproduce.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They wont eat all of them. The pill bugs hide in the substrate since it is more moist and usually has more food. Only a few of the population actually visit the surface at one time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts