Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of old pill bottles that are empty. Instead of throwing them away could I boil them and sanitize them and use them as egg laying sites? I'm not sure if it is safe bit figured I would ask before I pitched them lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Re: Pill bottles instead of film canisters?

I have a ton of old pill bottles that are empty. Instead of throwing them away could I boil them and sanitize them and use them as egg laying sites? I'm not sure if it is safe bit figured I would ask before I pitched them lol
Not to mention that with the digital photography taking over it is getting harder to find places toget film canisters. Which sucks cause at one point I could have been getting hundreds a week at work but wasn't in darts at the time. Now they do mostly digital development....Timing is everything I guess.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just wondering...
anyone ask thier pharm. for old bottles?

Alot of times I take refills to pharm. and they give me new bottles anyway.

Obviusly would have to remove label of old bottle b4 giving it away with info on it.

I'll try it next time im there.
May be awhile......

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great idea!!! I never thought of asking for the old pill bottles haha. I think I may swing by there tomorrow and see if i can persuade them! haha

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
yeah, i was gonna ask, are you talking about empty prescription bottles or like, the little 3" tall bottles you can get advil/aspirin in?

I would think either would work, but I'd be interested to know if any frogs would have preference for/against the clear orange Rx bottles, since some are choosy with film canister color.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i was gonna ask, are you talking about empty prescription bottles or like, the little 3" tall bottles you can get advil/aspirin in?

I would think either would work, but I'd be interested to know if any frogs would have preference for/against the clear orange Rx bottles, since some are choosy with film canister color.
Yes they are orange. I didn't think of the advill and Tylenol bottles. I think I might paint some or glue some coco over them and try some orange and see what they like best.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I'll be very surprised if the pharmacy gives them to you.. the reason being that there are problems with people looking for bottles in the trash for a form of identity theft by getting the refills (and the address etc).

They can readily be purchased in bulk on line and I bet with a little searching in smaller amounts.

Ed

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not think of the identity theft thing. Prolly wont. Haha thats funny that your dog eats frog suppliments and fish food are you sure hes not a dish or a drog? lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
I use these candy bottles that we eat at home. It is mexican candy that has a hot chili powder inside but I boil the cups and I got suction cups at the dollar store. I also found these cute little bottles at the dollar store that I am not sure what I will use for. They are clear though.

Most are white and my tarapoto use them. I don't think they've used the yellow one. I dunno I may try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh and the black bottle is from my diabetic test strips. I haven't tried one of those. They are super small. Not sure the frogs will like them.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Thank you very much jbherpin :)
I hope some things in the thread answered some of your questions. My female Vitt uses/visits the pill jar daily. On a side note, I was looking at the pics I posted at the end of my thread, and laughed out loud at how not grown in that Vitt viv was at the time. I can't even see the ground anymore, lmao!

Glad to have helped ;) !

JBear

·
Registered
69 Posts
Like the idea, hopefully i'll have some luck with it too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts