Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I don't know if this has been posted before, but here we go. A couple months ago I bought some tadpoles from a show. They were cobalts and a bicolor. I morphed them out, and now I'm wondering if it still is a bicolor. Here's a pic:

(Top is "bicolor" bottom is cobalt.)

Do you think it may be a tinc?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I agree...looks like a tinc. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the person you bought them from to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
I'd say that based on those legs it is absolutely not a Phyllobates species. A closer picture could probably help us get a better idea what that top guy actually is.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Properly label your tads or don't propogate them! This is not a P. bicolor. I bet you paid a bit more for the suppossed bicolor... Get in touch with the seller. Perhaps it was an innocent mistake. i agree, it looks like Bahkuis. Perhaps the seller would be more than willing to swap out the froglet. If it was P. bicolor you thought you had, why are they in the same viv??? I have heard of people mixing froglets as a means to save space, but I think it is bad ethics and should be avoided.

JB

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
No bicolor there. I can understand the seller confusing tincs at that early of a stage, but the differences between tincs and bicolor are blatant enough that I think I probably wouldn't have much to do with a vendor that couldn't tell the difference.

Sadly, what that ends up doing is throwing the identity of both tincs in question. If the guy cant distinguish between disparate frogs, how can you trust his call on similar frogs?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks. I didn't think it was bicolor.
But, once again, I did not produce this tadpole.
And the reason they are in the same tank is because I can tell the froglets apart easily and WILL separate them as they get older.
Oh and I paid the same price for all the tads. I think it was misidentification. Maybe he marked it wrong.... How would I know?

However, thanks guys. I will separate them soon since they are both tinctorius.

And I have been trying to get in touch with the seller.... No response yet.
And bummer, that means I have no Phyllobates species....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts