Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you keep your frogs in a room that has lights on during different parts of the day instead of just a timed light and dark period for that part of the house.

G

·
I keep mine in a room where there is usually always a light, sometimes several, that are on most all the time, sometimes up to 2 & 3 in the morning, plus the computer and radio. They are just reqular ceiling fixtures that take the decorative bulbs, so not real good or bright lighting.
Rhonda

·
Registered
53 Posts
My vivarium is timed to come on about 9 or 10? i dont know im always asleep when it turns on. And turns off around 10:30 pm. When i get home from work at about 4am i have music playing, lights on, and computer on in the same room and they always stay where they were. I think it may wake em up but it wont screw with their brains to bad, lol.

aj

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
lighting

Hello.

I have all of the frogs in one room. There are light ballasts that are on for twelve hours and then turn off via timer, but the cool part is that I have one really dim ceiling light that is also run on a timer. The ballast lights turn off after the ceiling light turns on. About two hours later the ceiling lights turn off. They turn on again at 6am followed by the ballasts that turn on at 8am. The end result is that there is a simulated night, twilight, daylight cycle. It's a little more natural I think. I couldn't imagine living in a world that just went dark all of the sudden at 7pm.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts