Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I hope i could get some help with this verrucosum plant...it used to be healty with every leaf getting bigger and growing at a fast rate, but then it had some stress for sure: it stayed some days without air circulation in the room, with dust and hot temperatures and then i moved it in my summer house so it changed also position.
It started to abort the new leaves inside the cataphyll, but at the same time produced a lot of new side stems but now after several aborted leaves, the new ones look like this...

I live in south of Italy so the temperature here can touch even 40 degrees sometimes, the soil is a very airy mix the plant used to thrive in, and the humidity level is probably better than before when it was inside the apartment. THe plant is also in a very bright indirect light area but windy... i also didn’t change my watering habits, just increased a little bit because of the hot temperatures and gave it a little bit of fertilizer weakly but weekly.... I also notice that the leaves age fast getting the yellow edges!
Anyone knows whats going on? Thank you in advance!

Plant Flowerpot Green Botany Houseplant

Green Plant Houseplant Terrestrial plant Wood

Twig Wood Line Grass Creative arts

Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Twig Flowering plant

·
Registered
240 Posts
Usually it’s a humidity issue when the new leaves look like that, but the hot temperatures are definitely not helping.

I think the best thing you can do is to get a cool mist humidifier, and fill it up with cool water and put it above the plant (if that’s not possible, just put it somewhere very close). You can run this for a few hours a day, and I’m sure the plant will love it. I also think that you should moisten the top of the pole to aid the new leaves in pushing out their growth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually it’s a humidity issue when the new leaves look like that, but the hot temperatures are definitely not helping.

I think the best thing you can do is to get a cool mist humidifier, and fill it up with cool water and put it above the plant (if that’s not possible, just put it somewhere very close). You can run this for a few hours a day, and I’m sure the plant will love it. I also think that you should moisten the top of the pole to aid the new leaves in pushing out their growth.
THank you so much! I’ll try

1 - 3 of 3 Posts