Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Phelsuma Robertmertensi. I just started with the Phelsuma and love them. I also have a Klemmeri pair which I will post soon. (I have to figure out how to post larger shots).

I was waffling on adding Phelsuma to my small pum collection, but have to say they are great and I recommend them if you are looking to make the small leap to something in addition to darts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
im sorry i have to do this....

but that second pic i feel like its getting ready to talk to me about insurance...
BTW great looking p.robert's

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff you get the credit for getting me into the phelsuma Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Great species, small colorful and prolific. Unfortunately they are have such a tiny habitat range in the Comoro Islands that the German scientists who studied the species in the wild won't even disclose their exact locale.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've always thought about getting into the day geckos. I assume (not trying to make an ass out of u or me) they like it drier than darts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used to have them as a kid, ther were really cool. I'm going to pick up a pair of klemmeri and a pair of ladicauda in about 2 hrs! Pretty excited.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I've always thought about getting into the day geckos. I assume (not trying to make an ass out of u or me) they like it drier than darts?
They prefer a ventilated top and at least one spot light( I use halogen/xenon puck lights) Shoot for humidity of 60-70% increasing at night and 1-2 good mistings a day.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll try to get a shot up of the full tank and the Klemmeri this weekend, but I have them in a protean tank with ventilated top (largely covered up), though they seem to like pretty high humidity and love the misting (twice daily). Keeping them pretty similar to my pumilio at this point.

They are pretty bold and very curious - so they are fun to watch.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dont be afraid to let them dry out at times for 1-2 days with no misting. I find they do well with this and it helps with breeding. They dont *NEED* the moisture like frogs do. Too much wetness can cause upper respitory infections.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, that's what I read, will do.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Dont be afraid to let them dry out at times for 1-2 days with no misting. I find they do well with this and it helps with breeding. They dont *NEED* the moisture like frogs do. Too much wetness can cause upper respitory infections.
Not to mention skin infections and the possibility of poor egg hatch rates.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will say that I am amazed at how fast the day geckos are. Eleventy times faster than the frogs. I have to think a bit more on my actions in the viv, they are lightning quick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts