Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Petco has a sale on the reptirain mister right now. You can get it for less than 65$. I am wanting to pick one up but wanted to check and see what you guys thought of it. I know the mist king is probably the best thing out there, then probably the habba mister. But bang for the buck, is it worth it? Or should i just bite the bullet and get one of the others? Thanks for all yalls help! Hope to get an answer soon, sale ends soon!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Chive On brother!

Go with the mist king for sure. Monsoon is notorious for failures that basically run the unit dry and flood your Viv. Oh, and since you're from Dallas, there is a good network of people up there that can probably really help you out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thank you for all the advice, I will start counting my pennies for the mist king. I will see who all is around Dallas on here soon hopefully. I plan to spend more time on here. There is much to learn in this fascinating hobby! Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and add my support for the MistKing. Their systems have great build quality, and I'm very happy with the one I own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MAN! one after the other for mist king. 3 for 3. Would you guys by chance recommend one that is used if I were to find one for sale second hand?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also would you guys say that the basic starter kit is enough for a 30g or would I need to go straight to the Ultimate? Thank you for the quick and friendly responses. Yall have been very helpful at making me spend my money today! haha:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Also would you guys say that the basic starter kit is enough for a 30g or would I need to go straight to the Ultimate? Thank you for the quick and friendly responses. Yall have been very helpful at making me spend my money today! haha:)
I have my starter system running 5 tanks, the biggest being 100g and it does just fine.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The basic starter kit is plenty for a single 30 gallon Viv. I'd recommend going with the pro though if you have any plans for expansion. When I bought my first mist king, I never thought I'd have a need for more than 30 nozzles. I now have two pumps running from the same timer and reservoir.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a dream! 100 g vivarium! can't imagine. I will save some cash and get the basic. Hopefully i can come across a used one and snatch it up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha sounds like things can get complicated there Doug. How do yall run all the hoses yet still keep the frogs in? I've been wondering that.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
haha sounds like things can get complicated there Doug. How do yall run all the hoses yet still keep the frogs in? I've been wondering that.
The mistking nozzles come with a bulkhead that goes through a hole you drill in the tank. You can also make a hole in a screen for the bulkhead. They also sel a bunch of push fitting for their rigid tubing, makes it very easy to run them between tanks.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Also offering a good note for the Rain Maker by Ecologic.. I have the big pump and it runs 90 nozzles for me. I am looking to switch over to Mist King adjustable nozzles and zip drip, but liking my old pump. I would stay away from the misting systems offered by Petco.
Peter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you both for the help! and that seems to be the vibe around the board that petco/petsmart misters are not worth it. And Doug, how do you drill a hole in the tank? a baby diamond plated hole saw? haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts