Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm constructing a false bottom out of egg crate, and I'm wondering if I can use this pet-resistant insect screen instead of weed cloth? I believe it's made out of polyester. The holes are pretty much the same size as the stock image shows- at least on my computer screen. I also uploaded a photo of it against my hand to give some size reference. Will the substrate fall through the holes, or are they small enough? I just figured I'd rather use something I already have than spend more money.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure about polyester, but I am using (and have seen others use) fiberglass screening from home depot. I'm sure this would work fine as well because it wont break down. I would recommend screening over weed blocker if you plan on using a water feature as the weed blocker takes forever to drain. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
The holes appear to be a little big but they may be fine. I use no-see-um screen. Basically go to the screen section and pick the stuff with the smallest holes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, well if there's any chance the holes might be too big, I don't think I want to use it. I don't want to have a bunch of dirt particles getting into the water underneath the false bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.