Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Ray,

Taron was talking about someone sending him Iquitos vents from Peru. Since these do breed like rabbits (I have about 74 tadpoles and young froglets right now myself!), I think it's also likely that they just purchased some wholesale.

I left a voicemail just now, so hopefully they'll call me back.

Thanks for the link, Richard.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive heard rumors of other folks beside INIBICO and UE exporting from Peru...just curious as to whether that is true.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Ive heard rumors of other folks beside INIBICO and UE exporting from Peru...just curious as to whether that is true.
I know of one other person who ships from Peru... however it should be kept in mind that Mark Pepper and INBICO actually support conservation and sustainable harvest....

Ed

Reactions: thedude

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I know the guys who ran this ad and have done business with them in the past, they have been around for decades and run one of the best retail shops in South Florida. While I can't be sure it is unlikely that they would risk their business by selling animals of questionable legal origin.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not implying that they are illegal.... Just that the export permits may have been redistributed to others. From what i have heard its a competitive process with re to the allocation of exports permits for CB raised offspring.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
To get legal amphibians from Peru, if I remember correctly requires that they originate in an authorized zoological facility and have to originate from captive bred animals. It is supposed to require demonstration of captive breeding.. ...

Ed

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
The ad says CB...Am I missing something?
I see the same terminology used for Caiman lizards coming from the same region. I believe it actually refers to farm bred, which could be something as simple as fencing of a portion of habitat out in the wild.

·
Registered
242 Posts
CB? perhaps in Iquitos, and then sent BUT....he clearly isnt sure what he has based upon his statements...

And I for one wouldnt buy an unknown frog for 75$

Agreed.
Though, it is possible that they meant to say "CB Peruvian vents", instead of "Peruvian CB". It isn't clearly stated that they got a shipment from Peru, just that they got a shipment of Peruvian frogs. The title of the ad definitely implies a shipment from Peru, but it is hard to say.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Phone call not returned.

Richard.

Reactions: Neontra
1 - 17 of 17 Posts