Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a peperomia plant. I was wondering if this falls under the category of "weedy plants you need to prune every week" or is it more of a slow growing, long lasting fixture?

Thanks!

Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bgexotics said:
The peperomia i bought at Lowe's is purple and it grow liek crazy.
Sounds like peperomia 'caperata' I have both the purple and green cultivars as well as 'watermelon'. All of these grow rather quickly and one of the purple variety in my imitator viv has a rather long stamen coming up. Awesome plants!!

-Bill J.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Peace of the tropics

I got my pepperomia at Peace of the Tropics and all his stuff GROWS! And splits and divides and makes babies. Poor Ken. His stuff is too good. But I would get some stuff from him. I have yet to kill one of his plants.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Peperomias

This is a very diverse group of plants. Some are very small and prostrate in their growth habit and others are very large and upright in theirs. I personally like the smaller species such as prostrata, puteolata, fosterii,sp Costa Rica and angulata. P prostrata and angulata are sort of slower growing in my experience. But, in vivarium conditions there are not too many plants that will not become 'weedy'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts