Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought Pelia Red Stem Tears, idk what the actual name is. But anyways, it shot up like no ones business and now it is falling over because it can't support it's own weight. How can I prune it so that the trimming can still be of use?

Can upload another pic if need be.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cut it anywhere you want to. That stuff will grow like crazy no matter where you cut it. I just cut a piece of the mother plant and stick anywhere in the viv and it grows.

Casper

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, will do. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Honestly I just let it go. Its supposed to be a prostrate grower anyways so if its growing very far upright its probably not getting enough light.

If you let it go and dont cut it, maybe give it a little more light, it will settle down and start growing more the way its supposed to.

BTW, for your other question, its Pilea glauca.

Todd

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks, I hate whenever I cant find the names of plants that I have. Do you think maybe if I berried the bottom part where the roots come out it would make it grow better? (By that I mean where it is hanging over the drift wood).

·
Registered
835 Posts
One of my favorites

Mine are all reaching for the light. I wonder what happens if I plant one up high and let the lighting put it on blast?

I'll plug in a few up with the broms and see what happens.

Somewhere along my new journey to keep darts, I find myself just as excited about the plants as the frogs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my favorites

Mine are all reaching for the light. I wonder what happens if I plant one up high and let the lighting put it on blast?

I'll plug in a few up with the broms and see what happens.

Somewhere along my new journey to keep darts, I find myself just as excited about the plants as the frogs.
I agree with you totally Zoomie, the frogs are only half the fun. The other is seeing how creative of a setup you can come up with and what you can do with your plants!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have fallen in love with the whole mini-environment. Frogs, plants, dead leaves, iso's, springs, etc.

Now trying to figure out a space saving and inexpensive way to keep extra plants or mother plants for lack of a better name.

Living in an apartment has its challenges.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Now trying to figure out a space saving and inexpensive way to keep extra plants or mother plants for lack of a better name.
Living in an apartment has its challenges.
A good space-saving option is to extend a window sill with a shelf; the plants get plenty of natural light and if you make a nice shelf it isn't an eyesore. Luckily I have plenty of room so I just set up plant grow out tanks, but I have been thinking of ways to make the most of the space. Another option if you have an empty closet is to set up a grow closet...just put rubbermaids on the shelves to hold water and put some grow bulbs in there...just make sure any guests know that its not another type of grow operation:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your best bet is to get the Tupperware containers that have drawers in them.

Like this but deeper, and what you could do is mount light on above each drawer. They would hold humidity well and save you some space.

However with the lighting you would need something that will not be susceptible to the humidity. Probably something similar to this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts