Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the results in Euro Tanks using Peat Bricks, ive decided this is the way to go. I want a 'telly tubby' esqe 'rolling hills' landscape.

The bottom of the vivarium will probably have about 2 inches of water in the bottom. Should i place the Peat Bricks directly into the water, or create a flase bottom to bring the pete bricks above the waterline. I want the bricks to eventually cover in moss, so i wnt the best way of achiving this. Does the moss like the ground constantly wet, wicking water from the bottom. Or should i raise them out of the water, allowin it only to be watered from misting?

Ive seen a few tanks where the pete bricks are placed directly in the water. Anyone have any expirience of this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
In all my tanks I have placed the peat bricks in the water, and the moses are all over it. My water hight is between 4 and 6 inches. The tanks are Vivaria style.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked out your web site, very nice, and thanks for the info. Whats that gadget youve built with the funnel, is that a fruit fly duster?

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is the Bug Bazooka and is the invention of Brent Brock (also on this forum) for transferring meadow plankton from sweep net to vivarium.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
peat

i have peat bricks in water in one of my vivariums, i actually built it after i saw hans post on here with photos of his.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So is all 'meadow plankton' good or are there some evil wevils we have to take out and avoid when collecting bugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts