Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am located in Quebec, Canada and can't find any local store selling PDF related supplies or a website that will ship live items here.

Stores in the region only have a limited selection of fishes, reptiles and sometimes aquatic plants. Where do you guys go to buy driftwood, tropical plants, substrate, fruit flies and well... the frogs!? Is there any awesome specialized canadian store (or website) that I am not aware of?

Edit: Might've found something, any of you have experience with www.understoryenterprises.com ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
There aren't many retailers in the area that specialize in herps.

UE is awesome, and if you're in the Toronto area, there are a couple there as well, such as Port Credit Pets and Thegreenoasis.ca

I'm in Ottawa, and am finding it hard to find local access to a lot of this stuff as well.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if you have UE in your back yard i hate you! i have spent more on shipping from these guys than most have on their childsupport.

ok totally kidding.... yes buy from mark and elaine, great breeders!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
UE is a great place to purchase frogs...besides all the conservation work they do there frogs are extremely helpful and they are very knowldgeable.

good luck

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
George,
Just how knowledgable and helpful are the FROGS???lol
Extremely helpful! My understory Southern Variabilis are building their own 75 gallon corner viv right now. One of them hacked into DB using my username and typed up a thread on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I am located in Quebec, Canada and can't find any local store selling PDF related supplies or a website that will ship live items here.

Stores in the region only have a limited selection of fishes, reptiles and sometimes aquatic plants. Where do you guys go to buy driftwood, tropical plants, substrate, fruit flies and well... the frogs!? Is there any awesome specialized canadian store (or website) that I am not aware of?

Edit: Might've found something, any of you have experience with Home | Understory Enterprises ?
Story of my life... I live in Montreal and when I started getting into the hobby a little over a year ago I had a hard time tracking stuff down. If you live in the area I can recommend you a few stores for supplies such as drift wood and stuff but as for darts, you'll have to find someone in Quebec selling which is tough or order from UE.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Are either of you guys on Canadart.org • Information ? This where you will find local froggers and supplies in Canada. The forum is moving servers and will be down for a day or so. I hope the link is okay to post since it's a Canadian forum. Only trying to get them hooked up with locals. There are lots of froggers in Quebec. There is also a reptile show that attends Montreal too and they will have dart frogs. Ontario Reptile & Exotic Pet Expo You can also try kijjiji.

Edit: It would also help if ALL Canadians added their location. I know there are a LOT on DB that don't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everyone. I newly join this very informative forum. I really very happy to join this very informative forum. I found it very interesting specially for new users, like me. This forum really full of interest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In toronto (and area):
Port Credit Pets in Mississauga is awesome. Decent frogs. Lots of Darts right now. and usually pretty good prices.

Tails and Scales in the Junction(Dundas and Keele) has some cool stuff, but I find they are expensive.

Or Understory. Apparently they come to Toronto every two weeks or so.
I'm about to buy my first frogs from them in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

-ry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts