Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny thing I just observed with my probable male Patricia tinc, he was bucking like a wild horse in a rodeo.(just his back legs) and the female was following him around stomping her front feet right after him. he hasn't called yet, they are about 12 to 15 months old. has any one ever witness this with there tincs and is this some sort of other breeding behavior?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody have anything to add to my question?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been observing this same thing with my WC cobalt female. I was thinking it might be red leg or something but her legs don't have any redness. My second thought was maybe parasites? Any new information on this?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Im no expert but it sounds like the frogs feet are being irritated by something in the viv.

Something as simple as some spilled supplements could contribute to this.

On the more serious end of the spectrum foot sores could be causing the "kick outs", these can be caused by many things but too wet a viv floor seems to be the most common factor in these developing.

I would catch the affected frog and give the soles of its feet a good inspection.

Good luck,
Richie

Reactions: dendrobates

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I have been observing this same thing with my WC cobalt female. I was thinking it might be red leg or something but her legs don't have any redness. My second thought was maybe parasites? Any new information on this?

Just a note here.. but red leg is not an actual disease instead it is a symptom.

Did you get fecals done on the wild caught frog? If not, then you should rule out irritation from parasites that can penetrate the skin such as lungworms in the genus Rhabdius and hookworms. This will require one or more fecals.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts