Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently writing a paper on poison dart frogs just on my own time, and I am trying to list every current genus with some sort of information about them. But I have gotten to the Paruwrobates genus. On google at least, there is very little information about them, and sometimes when I look up Paruwrobates Whymperi, it comes up as Hyloxalus Whymperi instead. My question is did the frogs in this genus get moved into other genera and am I missing it? Or is google just messing with me?

· Registered
7 Posts
Paruwrobates was indeed treated as a synonym of Ameerega in the Grant et al. 2006 revision, but has more recently been recognised as a valid genus by some of the same authors (Grant et al. 2017). So I think the most recent is to recognise Paruwrobates as a valid genus containing three species: Paruwrobates andinus (Myers and Burrowes, 1987), P. erythromos (Vigle and Miyata, 1980) and P. whymperi (Boulenger, 1882). These frogs aren't particularly well studied, though, so it could easily change as more research is done.

P. whymperi was previously included in Hyloxalus. It is not really well known and could be the same species as P. erythromos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.