Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am ordering them today, I think all my vents and imitators will love them. I found a site that sells the eggs that they lay their eggs in so I might try and culture them, if it works out I will offer them cheap on here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've purchased wasps to prey on white flys ( white flys will eat up pothos and philodendren ), they hatched from black scale insects. These wasps were tiny but I did see frogs go after them. You may need to find a way to culture host species as well.

thanks
ERic

·
Registered
850 Posts
The average parastic wasps are the ones that feed on fly larvae (a little further down the page). I don't see why the ones you are looking at wouldn't work for frogs though. These would be too small for anything but juvi thumbs. 1/50th inch wingspans makes for one REALLY small insect. I would imagine culturing these to be very difficult to culture though. No matter what parasitic wasp you use, it is still parasitic. Meaning you would have to culture the insect that hosts this parasite and then infect the larvae.

Kevin Hoff

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I already ordered the trichogramma but I will order the other ones soon, does anybody know where I can get house flies, or can I put a bunch of media outside and wait for them to come to it and lay eggs, when I made hydei media they were buzzing all around.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Flightless houseflies have just entered the frog food market. I know they're out there, but no one I know is selling them yet. They were supposed to be available at NWFF, but from what I heard, they were put off. NWFF is today, so I'll give a report after I get back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts