Dendroboard banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
To open up a container and see your guys like that is a kick in the gut.

Do they look swollen to anyone else?

I think OP deserves to be fully compensated not just for the arrival condition, but having to deal with the tragedy of consequences.

I hope you were.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
To open up a container and see your guys like that is a kick in the gut.

Do they look swollen to anyone else?

I think OP deserves to be fully compensated not just for the arrival condition, but having to deal with the tragedy of consequences.

I hope you were.
They were def bloated, I think they were unable to go to the bathroom and they were probably not right in the intestines since they couldn't move their lower half.

This was my first shipment of frogs in the mail and it was def hard on me (not to mention them). I was refunded for the 3 frogs that came like this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EDIT: I missed the post in which you tell us you already euthanize them but the recommendation may be read by someone else in a similar situation. I am really sorry about those three little guys.

Hi,

Looks like they may have received some injuries during shipping BUT, even-though highly unlikely, I've seen some frogs paralyzed waist down due to an electrolyte imbalance. Works pretty much like a state of shock. You could try placing them in ringers solution for 30 minutes and then giving them a drop of Calcium gluconate 10% solution before deciding to euthanize them.

I wish you and your pets good luck.

Hi all, I just received 6 ranitomeya variabilis southern frogs via fedex. There were two containers inside the box. The first container had three frogs and they were in great condition. The second container had three frogs and every frog is paralyzed from the waist down. They were in the bottom of the box (furthest from the heat source). Initially they looked dead, but I put them inside the tank anyways. They are breathing and I have been keeping them moist and warm, but none of them can move their back legs. Is there anything that I can do for them? I feel horrible that they are stuck there unable to move and hate that they could be suffering. Should I put them down?
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 295744

Reactions: Encyclia

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
EDIT: I missed the post in which you tell us you already euthanize them but the recommendation may be read by someone else in a similar situation. I am really sorry about those three little guys.

Hi,

Looks like they may have received some injuries during shipping BUT, even-though highly unlikely, I've seen some frogs paralyzed waist down due to an electrolyte imbalance. Works pretty much like a state of shock. You could try placing them in ringers solution for 30 minutes and then giving them a drop of Calcium gluconate 10% solution before deciding to euthanize them.

I wish you and your pets good luck.
Thanks so much for the info. I hope if this ever happens to anyone else, they can resolve it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts