Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

today I would like to present you my new home for my two R. Imitator "Varadero". I didn't build it myself, because I haven't got the time, but it's constructed by Ruud and his team from Dutch Rana.

It's 90x50x90cm and has the form of a panorama vivarium with six sides. Soon there will join three more R. Imitator Varadero.

More Pictures:

Those pictures are two weeks old. I changed some parametres and will post some new pictures soon. Enjoy!

Best regards
Dennis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, here some more pictures of the last few days. Changed the lightning settings to 4x Osram T5 and 2x Solar Ratpor HID 35w "flood".

By the way the floor unit still needs a covering, next month I will order some plates of black forex.

It proofed that my two Varaderos are both females. They're 1 1/2 years old and still no one is calling. So it's pretty obvious. But they're cool with each other except one fight that I could observe in their old vivarium.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks guys!

Quick update:

wow grate looking setup
but sorry I dont mean to be a bit negative
but what with what look like bits of tubes stuck here and there
to me they look like bits of waste pipes inserted into the background
I have seen these in a few setups and I can not think what they are there for

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a great setup. It looks amazing with the growth filling in. Hopefully you end up getting a male and some eggs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love this tank! What is the fern-like plant in the center that looks like a green millipede/pipe cleaner?
Sorry, I missunderstood your question. The fern is a Asplenium daucifolium.

That's a great setup. It looks amazing with the growth filling in. Hopefully you end up getting a male and some eggs.
Thank you! In March 2018 I've got a juvenile Varadero and time after time he showed me that he's a male. One day he started calling and now he's calling for months. So they are one male und two females now. It looks like they like each other. Maybe that's why one of the females is kind of "fat". ;) You see it in the picture, where two varaderos are sitting at the glass together.

·
Super Moderator
2,811 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts