Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I don't have any frogs, but I've housed reptiles with very similar enclosures. I have kept green tree pythons in planted, bioactive vivariums for about 6 years. I also have a history with freshwater planted aquariums. That being said, now I'm looking to combine the elements of land and water. I'm currently in the process of building a paludarium. I plan on having a handful(4-6) neons, some ghost shrimp or maybe a dwarf mexican crawfish. I don't have any plans for land inhabitants just yet. I might toss in a praying mantis that is compatible with the rainforest type biome that I'm try to reproduce, but we'll see. I intend on having the same temp/humidity requirements as a PDF tank and plan to grow all of the same type of plants. In the water portion, I'll be growing some low/medium light plants (swords, crypts, anubias, frog bit, java moss, etc). In my fish tank days, I used 4 X T5 HO 6500K in my 125g long. In my vertically oriented, planted python vivs I used Jungle Dawns. This time I'd like to try the Finnex 24-7 or something similar. My enclosure is 48" long, 24" deep and 22" tall.

Do you think the finnex 24-7 line up will suit my needs? If so, which one should I get? They have the 27-7 in the following models...hlc, alc, klc, crv

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It should work. I use a 16in Stingray on my 10gal and a 16in Planted plus on my 18 cube. They grow plants with no problems. The planted plus I replaced for now with a Fluval AquaSky. The planted plus was a little bright and my top plants were getting a little toasty. With the adjustments on the 24/7, you should be fine. I just dont know the differences between the models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts