Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard different things on these frogs...Are they the same, or are they different. I have talked to quite a few well known breeders, and have gotten different answers. What does everyone else think?

Thanks,
MIKE

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Ugh, I've heard a couple different things (I hate trying to sort out tinc morphs!). I've heard they are the same, someone bred phallids and marketed them as oyapoks (or the other way around), that there are two lines of oyapok and one got labled phallid, that one or the other "true" example of that morph isn't actually in the hobby, at least in the US.

In truth, I have no clue.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh, thanks. We have just heard from a few people now that they are one in the same. However we heard a long time ago that one got significantly bigger than the other.

-Shelley

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ok I was told years ago by Todd Kelly that they are the same . Oyapok is the area that they come from and the morph is pallid . Is a dwarf sp. so yes they are much smaller than most other Tincs. The reason for the two names in the hobbie is Pallid is much more easy to rember and decribes the frog. Rather than the area found .
Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.