Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tincs, which who crawled to land last september, seem to be exhibiting a switch into who hung out together. I started the trip with four, but now have three after a horrible incident that i don't want to go into right now. The two largest (presumably female) tincs were out-competing the littlest frog for food, so I moved him to a tupperware in order to bulk him up. The two large females would hand out together even when the trio was all together and this last sunday I added the thrid frog to the mix (presumed male) and now the larger frog (female) is hanging out with the samllest of the three (presumed male). I have many questions: Isn't 7 months a little young to start showing courting behavior? I'm going to need to move the odd female out becuase of aggression, but should I put a 7 month old frog in a 10x10x15 tupperware? They all see to eat together, but then the smaller female always wedges herself into a very small space...Just probably being crazy, but I took a horrible picture to show you where to froggie wedges itself (herself) after it's had it's fill of flies. I'm hopingto get a pair and this seems to be a the behavior after a lot of reading? anyone else has similar experiences with trios?

The frog is wedged in the bottom right corner under the coco shell water bowl.

http://dendroboard.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10859&pos=-2776

1 - 1 of 1 Posts