Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what sort of paint people used on backgrounds or to seal greatstuff? Polyeurothane? or epoxy? (sp?) Is there a particular kind that is safe to use? (once it dries?). How long should it dry/cure?

-tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at a previous thread, hte french vivarium, where the person painted it with I think acrylic paints, then sealed it all in four layers of epoxy?

I was hoping I could find someone who has done somethign similiar in the US and can give brands/stores to purchase the stuff.

-Tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used DecoArt Patio paint on the background in my imitator tank with no aparent ill affects, indeed I just noticed my first clutch of 2 eggs. The paint is listed as exterior grade and non toxic.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you seal the paint? and what exactly did you paint? the glass? or expanding foam? or...?

-Tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not seal the paint just left it as is. I did build up the colors with wash coats in greys and browns to give it a more realistic look.

The background is a resin casting using smooth-on resin. The mold was taken from a styrofoan/clay/wood model we built first
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts