Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a male and female pacific tree frog. They were wild caught, but they have been doing really well in their 10 gallon planted tank. They even eat out of feeding tongs every once in a while for fun. I have heard a lot off calling from frogs at my park, and other places near it. Every now and then one of my frogs will make croaking noises, but it doesn't sound the same as the mating calls I've been hearing from other frogs. I keep them well fed and mist their tank once or twice a day, so its pretty wet in there, especially with all the moss. I do have a fishing license, and thats the one that lets me legally own these frogs, I think. Any advice for breeding them?

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Hello! I have a male and female pacific tree frog. Any advice for breeding them?
Yes: don't.

You likely can't sell them (because of native wildlife laws) or give them away (no one wants them), and you can't release the offspring (disease risk, possible legal issues).

Reactions: varanoid

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I agree with S.M.
And a 10 gallon is probably too small for two of these frogs. They are beautiful however, and now that you have them you should keep them as well as you possibly can. We all owe that to all of our charges. Enjoy them, make them happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! I ended up setting the female free, she wasn't as relaxed in the Vivarium as the male, so I did it after about 2 weeks of having her before she could get too accustomed to captivity. However, my male, Frank, who is smaller and I've had for months, has the whole terrarium to himself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When i bred pacifics, i used a half water half land 40 gallon tank. They are great frogs but you cant release them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts