Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Im still debating on what i shouldt get. Ive been looking through some pics of different frog species for my 20 gal tank. Ive been researching them but i was wondering if i could get some keepers views on this speicies and if they right for me...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you tried doing any searches yet? I've been looking at old threads for the last couple days in regards to P. vittatus and have found quite a bit of decent information.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've heard nothing but nice things about vittatus. Folks don't clammer over them, but if they get them thru trade or on a whim, they are usually pleasantly surprised. I myself would like to obtain some in the future. It's not as big as terribilis, has an excellent call and very colorful. The only thing I don't know is how shy it is. I have another Phyllobates species and are not very shy at all. I love their call. As a "starter" frog I would always recommend something bold so that you can observe it quite a bit and get excited about your frogs.

Hope this helps.

-Ben

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Bgreen said:
Vittatus are shy as froglets, but my male will all but attack my hand when I reach in to pull eggs. I have a few calls on my site of them.
http://www.thechocohut.com

[/url]
Still haven't figured out why but my vittatus are about as bold as it gets even as froglets. Right now I have two froglets that "magically appeared" in the breeding viv and they are out all of the time. I can't explain it since the adults are the parents of Ben's frogs and I believe the grandparents of Mark's so genetics should be similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts