Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is there first clutch of 11 eggs. The male has been calling non stop , this morning they were both in the film canister and about 3 hrs later I checked and sure enough the eggs were there. He guarded them all day I just moved them to a clean dish. Any other suggestions would be great. I have them in regular distilled water about half way up as of now.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Just purchased some vittatus about a month ago and am really enjoying them. Glad to see you are getting eggs. Mine have a while before they mature, but hopefully I'll have some eggs next year.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats on the egg clutch, I have heard once they start, they can be quite prolific breeders. Good luck!

***On a side note, I am in need of a male vitt, if anyone can help, that would be awesome!***

JBear

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like all eggs are developing well after a week. I can see the tad shape on the top of the eggs now. Only one went bad so far, pretty exciting for my first clutch.

·
Registered
658 Posts
They look good. I just put 2 of my first tads (azureus) in their permanent water cup today. It is fun watching them grow!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wow! Fantastic! I just picked up a batch of 10 vittatus from a member on dart den. All adults, all proven breeders. I also got the tank and I found two clutches of Eggs in the film canisters. They were both black though, so I guess they were bad. :(

Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! Fantastic! I just picked up a batch of 10 vittatus from a member on dart den. All adults, all proven breeders. I also got the tank and I found two clutches of Eggs in the film canisters. They were both black though, so I guess they were bad. :(

Mark
My eggs were dark at first you may wanna give em a chance they might be ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine are all black to start with. They are going on their 6th clutch.
Not sure how o stop them:)
I removed them from the tank and remodeled but they were at it the same day they were reintroduced.
Good Luks with your eggs!
Linda

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine are all black to start with. They are going on their 6th clutch.
Not sure how o stop them:)
I removed them from the tank and remodeled but they were at it the same day they were reintroduced.
Good Luks with your eggs!
Linda
I would think the only way would be to separate the male and female.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts