Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that the community would be willing to share the experiences they have had in regards to reaching maturity, call patterns, etc. The reason I ask is that my 2 gems are looking very, very, plump, and growing very fast. In contrast, they are not coloring up as fast as I had assumed they would(most likely due to lack of supps like SuperPig, all my thanks to a friend!), but that is not really a concern for me at all. Any info that you can provide for me would be greatly appreciated!

JBear

Reactions: fieldnstream

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
They should reach maturity around 12-18 mos old. There call is very distinctive although my group tends to call irradically while most of my other frogs call in the morning and evening. the female tend to be a bit larger but not by much.

They are bold frogs and tend to prefer it being very humid in the tank.

Let me know what else you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure I got them in June or July of last year, so I definately have some time. I thank you for the info, and the suggestion of high relative/actual humidity. Do males typically call from the hut, elevated perches, or where? Again all my thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I've seemy male call from an elevated position like on the coco hut to calling from the ground. They tend to stay on the bottom but they will climb around. they especially like the cork bark tube I have in the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts