Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
Green Banded Morph

Well I can't speak for all of the morphs, but I can tell you about the narrow green banded morph. I love these frogs and I would consider them very easy to keep, and to breed as well. Mine are active and bold. They are out all day, and call a whole lot! They do well in groups, aren't aggressive. and are great eaters (eat larger food items). Mine do climb quit often, kind of like leucs. I think they would appreciate some height to their tanks, but it isn't needed. I would give them more floor space, but have some height to the tank. I have had them in a nice set up with a waterfall and everything, as well as haveing them in a broken down temp tank and they have done well in both (have bred in both as well). I think any normal dart frog tank would do them well. Just keep them humid and fat, and you will have good results. A really cool frog, one I highly recommend if you are interested in active frogs with nice calls.

· Registered
913 Posts
auros size

They do have an awesome call! They are around the size of leucs. Actually when you think about it they share a lot in common with leucs, but are easier to breed and also are more bold.

To Mark:
As far as getting them breeding again, well I just pulled 23+ eggs from them (and I do mean just right now, as this post reminded me to check their tank lol), so I should have a bunch very soon :D !

· Registered
913 Posts
Yes I would. I have 5 adults in a 30 High tank and they love it (calling right now)! They do great in groups and are great eaters... so I think they would be a great starter frog. They were one of my first frogs, and my first breeders. I don't know the dimensions of a 29 gallon cube, so I can't really say if 4 or 6 would be better. I am sure 4 would be fine, but 6 might be just as fine :D.

· Registered
913 Posts
They don't need a lot height or climbing space, but it doesn't hurt. They spend most of their time on the ground, but do climb a fair bit. If you have some branches they will use them and that should be enough. I think your 29 cube should be good for a group of them. They do sleep in broms sometimes... but are primarily a terrestrial frog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.