Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I have 3 Lueca's which are about 3-4 months old. I have been feeding them once a day and from what I have read here I am feeding fairly well.

The thing is I have two that I would call very fat and one that seems fairly lean. I wouldnt say it looks unhealthy but its definitely lean. Now the lean one is VERY active and always climbing the glass trying to escape. The other two just sit and hide or slowly hop around, until I throw the FF in there and then they jump right over and indulge. The lean one seems to not care at all when FF are added and just keeps trying to escape.

Do I keep adding FF and over feed my fatties in order to give the lean one more feeding options or do I just cut back and hope the lean one eats enough?

I thought about a feeding station so the lean one always has a place to get food but I am quite sure the two fatties would sit there all day eating everything that moves ha.

Any opinions?

Also does anyone know why Mr. Lean is so adventurous and eager to escape where as the other seem content? Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'd seperate Mr. Lean and see how he does. It sounds like the others are stressing him out. Another thing that could help right away would be to dump your fruit flies in 2 locations in the tank that way the fatties can eat at one feeding spot and Mr. Lean can eat at the other without interacting much with the other 2.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd seperate Mr. Lean and see how he does. It sounds like the others are stressing him out. Another thing that could help right away would be to dump your fruit flies in 2 locations in the tank that way the fatties can eat at one feeding spot and Mr. Lean can eat at the other without interacting much with the other 2.
Yeah I have been feeding from two spots from the start just to throw some options for them. I am now feeding in the general spot for the fatties as well as close to wherever Mr lean is.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah I have been feeding from two spots from the start just to throw some options for them. I am now feeding in the general spot for the fatties as well as close to wherever Mr lean is.
That's great. Has Mr. Lean put on any weight since you started? If not then I'd suggest getting a temporary enclosure and setting him up alone in there. I bet you anything he puts on weight so fast it will amaze you. After he's grown up a bit you could try reintroducing him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts