Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
and greetings from Poland. On polish facebook group we discuss some cases when frogs diet after aproximatelly one month in new homes. Teoretically everything is ok, supplementation is ok and frogs start to die. We susspect that maybe it can be causes by transport stress followed by osmotic shock (water type change):

1st source: Dendrobates azureus
  • Breeder (RO) -> Trader (tap filtered by britta) -> Final customer (DI)
  • Breeder (RO) -> Trader (tap filtered by britta) -> Final customer (RO)

2nd source: Oophaga pumilio's
a) Bri Bri
  • Breeder (tap) -> Final customer (DI)
  • Breeder (tap) -> Final customer (DI)

b) Black jeans
- Breeder (tap) -> Final customer (DI)

c) Colon
- Breeder (tap) -> Final customer (RO)

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
2,695 Posts
And are you just talking about the water used to mist them? Is that how they are being exposed to the water?

Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had problems using DI water alone. Problems with the plants leaves forming holes weird frog issues. Possible mineral issues that showed up when I added DI. I had an episode of STS despite vitamin A supplementation and some eggs go bad. I started using discus trace on it and it seemed to fix them. I am thinking of taking off the DI off my system. Its certainly possible that there could be an issue, especially with the more sensetive froglets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had problems using DI water alone. Problems with the plants leaves forming holes weird frog issues. Possible mineral issues that showed up when I added DI. I had an episode of STS despite vitamin A supplementation and some eggs go bad. I started using discus trace on it and it seemed to fix them. I am thinking of taking off the DI off my system. Its certainly possible that there could be an issue, especially with the more sensetive froglets.
Do you add discus trace to mistking system? How about proportion? Is it not affecting nozzles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts