Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another show people might be interested in, the Bronx Botanical Gardens orchid show. Not much info on their website yet, I'll update it in a few weeks. I've been to the last two shows, and since it runs for six weeks or so, there are different orchids blooming at different times.

Garden Exhibitions | NYBG

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks! That first one is near me. The other two are a drive but im still going to keep them in mind. Ive been meaning to visit longwood gardens sometime soon anyway.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't been to the Longwood Gardens one yet. I REALLY want to go this year, since its quite a drive from New York that'll depend on my school schedule. Last year Black Jungle was a vendor there. They should be there this year too. Pick me up some Nepenthes ;)

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
We're going to try to go to both.

Ed

·
Registered
229 Posts
in my opinion long wood is for orchid people and bronx is for people that like orchids. sounds odd but their is a big difference and if i had the choice i would go to long wood.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Wanna give me a ride!? haha. Im coming from nj too
I'm at the other end of the state so by the time you got down close to me, it wouldn't be worth it..hence the South Jersey in my information...

Ed

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I agree I do both but if you plan too bye anything Bronx is way over priced with poor selection and long wood has amazing selection from the growers in a lot of cases who know about the plants.
Why do you keep referring to it as the Bronx? It is in Holmdel, New Jersey...

Ed

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The Bronx Botanical Garden orchid show is just that, a show. They do have some orchids for sale in the gift shop but I wouldnt go there just for that. Price, and minimal selection.

But the show is fantastic. And many of the plants are labelled, so while most people are taking pictures of the orchids I take shots of the labels of the plants I want lol.

This years show is being designed by Patrick Blanc, according to the Garden's website. If you dont know who that is...

http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com/

Puts most of our vivs and terrariums to SHAME! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anybody from NYC going to New Jersey this weekend that could give me a ride? I'd be more than happy to throw in money for gas/tolls.

Dave

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the consideration, anyways, Jake!

Does anyone know how far Longwood is from the train? Hopstop doesn't recognize the address, but it seems Holmdel is easy enough to get to by NJT, I just don't want to be stuck with a $50 cab fare when I get there...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts