Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A very heavy misting in the morning, and a lite mist in the evening. The temp is 60-75F and the humidity is 70-75%. The case has very good air circulation.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Since so little of it is mounted and most is just hanging free I am still betting it's underwatered. The pseudobulbs look a bit shriveled, so I would mount more of the plant. More lights could raise the temps. Really though, I'm thinking it's a lack of water issue since I have several bulbos outside right mow experiencing 45 degree nights and I haven't seen any yellowing or leaf drop

Your orchid could also be underfed. Yellowing of the new growth tips is a sign of non mobile nutrient defficiency, either calcium or iron usually. If it was a mobile nutrient issue the older leaves would be yellowing and dropping. I suggest a "weakly, weekly" fertilizer regime for your orchids since they aren't getting any frog ferts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.