Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Blubophyllum, rufilabrum has a leave are turning yellow, it has lost two leaves in the past this way. Is my orchid ok, and if not what's wrong?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Too dry and maybe insufficient humidity. What conditions is it growing in, temp, # of waterings a week, etc?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A very heavy misting in the morning, and a lite mist in the evening. The temp is 60-75F and the humidity is 70-75%. The case has very good air circulation.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Those temps are too low for most bulbophyllums. You need to be keeping your night temps in at least the low 70s and get your day temps to the low 80s

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Since so little of it is mounted and most is just hanging free I am still betting it's underwatered. The pseudobulbs look a bit shriveled, so I would mount more of the plant. More lights could raise the temps. Really though, I'm thinking it's a lack of water issue since I have several bulbos outside right mow experiencing 45 degree nights and I haven't seen any yellowing or leaf drop

Your orchid could also be underfed. Yellowing of the new growth tips is a sign of non mobile nutrient defficiency, either calcium or iron usually. If it was a mobile nutrient issue the older leaves would be yellowing and dropping. I suggest a "weakly, weekly" fertilizer regime for your orchids since they aren't getting any frog ferts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts