Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I originally made a post asking about these orange mites in my terrarium, and today I found out they are small orange spiders, since there are now webs on the terrarium floor and I even saw one catch a spring tail. they are very small, and their back half is larger than the front. I am from the UK if that helps. I would provide photos but I am unable to do so since the process to do so is confusing me. my main concern is will they affect my dart frogs? I will be getting "R.Imitator Varedero" and do not have them as of yet, but im wondering if I should proceed with buying them with spiders in my terrarium. any help Is appreciated! I am new to the hobby so sorry if I seem a bit frantic.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Greetings,

As I may have mentioned in your original post: Many people are more bug-phobic than they need to be when it comes to their vivarium. Bug are a natural part of the environment and they are far more common that most people realize.

Mostly likely, these spiders will decline on their own as do most booms/busts of critters in the viv. I would not let this derail your plans for frogs.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
I'd be willing to wager that these orange critters (spiders, mites, whatever they are) end up being frog food :)

All my tanks that don't have frogs have lots of non-intentionally introduced critters (mites, native springtails, whatever) but once frogs go in the populations of these goes away really quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts