Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people at work know i have always done the Reptile/Amphibian thing. An employee brought me a tiny shriveled up youngster that got in the warehouse from a creek ouside our shop during a really rainy day. I took him home hydrated/fed over a 3 week period and he is now healthy enough to go home tomorrow :)..

On a side note, if you ever encounter these beautiful animals only view!! Do not touch they are highly toxic and 10,000 times more toxic than a drink of cyanide!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
I had a pair of these I caught locally when I was a teenager. I had them for a number of years before releasing them where I found them. I handled them occasionally and somehow had NO idea of their toxicity! Wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
It's tetrodotoxin, which is extremely poisonous (same thing as in fugu), but I regularly let children handle them through work. So long as you don't lick or eat one, you're fine - they don't release the toxin around people unless handled really roughly, and you'd notice little white specks coming out of the skin if they were. I breed and sell the little guys - they're really neat animals, all said!
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top