Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a vendor with excellent prices on plants, i'd like to start ordering plants next weekend and also start some cultures, looking for a vendor or member who can hook me up with creeping figs maybe a brom and a few other plants on the smaller side, and some bugs, woodlice, springtails, ffs, rolly pollies

if you cannot post it here i would love pms, been searching so far and most sponsors are fair gonna go through the feedback section for a while but would like opinions, links and what not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The site has afew sponsors that offer some great deals to fourm members. I would try going through some of them first. Supporting fourm sponsors is always plus :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would start with our plant sponsors here. I have dealt with most of them.

In all cases, they have gone out of their way to help me put plant packages together. They obviously stick mostly with plants that do well in vivariums. Further, they have the experience to give you planting instructions and care.

I have dealt with plant vendors not participating here. Typically not as helpful so you need to know exactly what you are loking for prior to placing an order.

I have only ordered bugs from "the weird guy in Colorado." All cultures are doing well. Right now he has ben very busy with work and hasn't had the time to devote to sending out cultures. I would recommend grabbing a couple of cultures from a nearby frogger and then apply pressure to the Colorado guy explaining that you can't live without his cultures. He'll cave ! :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
"BonnieLorraine" on this board has a pretty good selection of plants and she is in your area. You might even be able to hand pick them. I don't know if she can hook you up with bugs or not but "evolvstll" is not too far from OC and usually has a nice variety of bugs for sale.

Regular creeping fig can usually be picked up at Home Depot for a cheaper price than most specialty vendors.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"BonnieLorraine" on this board has a pretty good selection of plants and she is in your area. You might even be able to hand pick them. I don't know if she can hook you up with bugs or not but "evolvstll" is not too far from OC and usually has a nice variety of bugs for sale.

Regular creeping fig can usually be picked up at Home Depot for a cheaper price than most specialty vendors.
second recommendation for bonnie, thank you i'll check her out, and I kind of like the tiny oak leaf variant.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Whaaaat??? Me? Weird?? According to my son, Frogboy, I am the most normal, well balanced, guy there ever was! You should just take my word for that, though, and NOT ask him.
Sorry guys, I have my hand in a lucrative side project that is eating up every bit of my spare time. This little project has paid off all my credit cards and left me "liquid" for the first time in 15 years! I might as well be burning a hundred dollar bill for every box of bugs I ship right now, so I simply have to stop shipping for a while.
I'm basically riding out a fad until it collapses. For anybody curious, you can check out the website my 15 year old daughter put together for me. Home - FeatherBom
OK, maybe it's a little WEIRD for a 40+ year old, happily married father of two to be doing...but you can't argue with being completely debt free!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Whaaaat??? Me? Weird?? According to my son, Frogboy, I am the most normal, well balanced, guy there ever was! You should just take my word for that, though, and NOT ask him.
Sorry guys, I have my hand in a lucrative side project that is eating up every bit of my spare time. This little project has paid off all my credit cards and left me "liquid" for the first time in 15 years! I might as well be burning a hundred dollar bill for every box of bugs I ship right now, so I simply have to stop shipping for a while.
I'm basically riding out a fad until it collapses. For anybody curious, you can check out the website my 15 year old daughter put together for me. Home - FeatherBom
OK, maybe it's a little WEIRD for a 40+ year old, happily married father of two to be doing...but you can't argue with being completely debt free!
oh. my. goodness. My girlfriend told me about this, and about how "fashionable" it's supposed to be. Doesn't stop it from being ridiculous in my opinion.

And on a separate note, mad props to you for taking advantage and profiting off the fashion trend!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
props to you doug i would never laugh at the seller =p the buyers are what worry me =p i may be able to wait =p

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I need some insects. Something a bit bigger. FF's get on my nerves. Crickets are easier.
breed your own crickets
very cheap and easy but if you don't maintain them they get pretty smelly

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I sell bugs as well, I'm nearly done culturing most of what I need to offer a good variety.

What I have available now-
Springtails:
Tropical whites
Temperate whites

Isopods:
Dwarf whites

What I'm culturing & will be available soon-
Springtails:
Blues
Temperate blacks (Tomocerus)
Temperate silvers
Tropical pinks

Isopods (these will likely be a few months):
Costa Rican purple
Orange Porcellio
Dwarf striped

Other:
Bean Beetles

If you want prices etc, shoot me a PM.

JeremyHuff sells lots of bugs (I got my purple/orange/striped isos from him) as well, might want to try him.

Pumilo sells bugs and I've heard good things about him
just don't get on his bad side lol :/

there is a vendor feedback section here where you look up some people,
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/vendor-feedback/
Read a couple of posts above yours.....

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Pumilo, I hate you. You are the reason my fly tying supplies have become so f-ing expensive.

I also have isopod cultures for sale.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Pumilo, I hate you. You are the reason my fly tying supplies have become so f-ing expensive.

I also have isopod cultures for sale.
Not my fault, blame the girls. My stuff is all my own materials I've collected over the years, plus a shipment I got out of Japan.

Alternative answer...Join the club! Zoomie started a whole thread on hating me!

Reactions: Zoomie

·
Registered
835 Posts
Who the heck is that??
Everyone else here has a PDF for an avatar, but not you. You have a Span. Orange. 'Nough said !

I am still not sure around here when it's appropriate/allowable to use names.

Would it make you feel better if I called you the handsomely dashing guy from Colorado ? Doug the Bug Thug? The Lieutenant of Louse ? The Brother from Another Bug's Mother?

Shall I continue ?:D

Weird just seemed to be so succinct.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts