Dendroboard banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Absolutely amazing Tijl. As a newcomer to the hobby, this is great inspiration. What is that vining plant in the front-left with the purple veining?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Glad you like it! That is not realy a creeping plant, but I trained it into one. :) It's a Paradrymonia Campostyla from Suriname.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hoi Tijl
exactly my taste, perfect.
I think that Vriesea are the best bromeliads for Oophaga and they are also nice to look at.
Most of my Pumilio offspring grow up in Vrieseas, although many other bromeliads are available.
Which nozzles do you use, are they those from dutchrana.nl?
greeting hp

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks! Vriesea are my favorite bromeliads too use, slow growers as well. I recently made a vivarium with only Vriesea Erythrodactylon, my favorite of them all!

These are the Dutch Rana nozzles. Best nozzles on the market Imo.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wish I could find erythrodactylon. All I’ve been able to find available is racinea and some others that get too large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
V.Racinae is probably the bromeliad most of my Pumilio favore for tadpole deposition.
But like you say, these just keep on growing.

I hope you are able to find some, Erythrodactylon is very spectaculair and gives such a different look to a vivarium than any other bromeliad coulf!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Till, I'll order some then.
And yes the light - dark of V. erythrodactylon has something, I like that too. Catopsis morreniana and V.lubbersii are also often used by Pumilio for tadpoles.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks!

I'm sure you can also make something like this or even better, don't be jealous 😉

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
@koconnor04, if you read through the topic your questions will be aswered 😉

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I totaly love this little (noizy) guy aswel! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats!
May I ask what the long seed pods are called? They are the ones where you have your hand on the bag. I think they are also in your terribilis tank. Are they by any chance honey locust seed pods?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts