Dendroboard banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I think the male needed to show her how it's done. ;)
Caught her transporting 2 different tadpoles so far. I absolutely love the parental care with Oophaga.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hi Tijl, did you install the Arcadia lights you had ordered? If so, what do you think of them?

I love the tank, so pleasant to look at
Haha, unfortunatly no.. They delivered the wrong order first. I tested the Skyled leds on the tank, but I did not liked the color. Same for arcadia wich I later did receive and tested on my Histrionica tank.

I still use 2 x PL 24W 840 bulbs for this tank.

I happy you also enjoy the build :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
A friend came by today to take some shot for his portfolio. Ofcourse we kept the neccesary distance and other precautions for both our safety.

Can't wait to see the result!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A friend came by today to take some shot for his portfolio. Ofcourse we kept the neccesary distance and other precautions for both our safety.

Can't wait to see the result!
You have a beautiful house! Keep us posted with the shots your friend took.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like how structurally complex the vegetation is in that tank. Lots to explore. The frogs in there must be quite happy. That's aspirational!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Glad you like the vivarium!

The male is calling every day and spends a big part of it overlooking everything from the upper parts of the tank.
The female continues to visit her tadpoles and spends most time in or close to the the leaflitter. But they both are absolutley actively found all over the build.

I could not be more happy with how everything turned out and I'm now impatiently waiting for froglets popping out of the vrieseas. 🙂

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
A few weeks aggo Skylights reached out to me with the question if I was interested in helping to test some different leds and share the expercience with them. Ofcourse I said yes! Today I received this in the mail :) :

I'm still working on the positioning of the lamps in the two tanks, but the color on their new product (MID 30R) is amazing in both! I was also very surprised to see how deep the Tiny RV are able to shine!
I'm very happy with the new lights, it is a big difference with the old PRO H leds I tried in the past, wich I was not very stocked on.

So a big thanks to :
Start - SkyLight
!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I was wrong, apparrently they all are dimmable. Skylight just don't offer the dimmers themselves yet. But you can use the correct module for it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was wrong, apparrently they all are dimmable. Skylight just don't offer the dimmers themselves yet. But you can use the correct module for it.

Cool! Outside of bromeliads (which I don’t always use) most of the plants I use really look their best in surprisingly low light; dimmable lights are now one of the first things I look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Cool! Outside of bromeliads (which I don’t always use) most of the plants I use really look their best in surprisingly low light; dimmable lights are now one of the first things I look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree! Aquascaping esthetic rules are at least 30% of an aquarium should be shaded. I feel the same for vivariums.

Even if these leds would not be able to dim, the Tiny RV's are realy easy to position and create bright or shaded spots. I realy like these.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree! Aquascaping esthetic rules are at least 30% of an aquarium should be shaded. I feel the same for vivariums.

Even if these leds would not be able to dim, the Tiny RV's are realy easy to position and create bright or shaded spots. I realy like these.
I hadn't seen that before, but it makes sense. The environments the frogs come from have plenty of shade and dappling anyway, so I imagine they may feel more at home, too. I do see plenty of activity right after lights out, so they're obviously comfortable navigating a dim forest floor.

I currently use Fluval LEDs which have many adjustment options (wavelengths, dimming, dawn/dusk etc.) but at some point I'd like to try using smaller spot-light type lights, to mimic sunbeams.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts