Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I wanted to share this (old)tank I picked up on friday. Size is 75x50x50cm. The tank was copmletely wrecked and neglected over the years, I think it sitting in this guys basement for 10 years. After a lot of hard work over the last 2 days this is wat I turned it into so far :

I still need to build a stand and lampcabinet for it. Also going to add some different marcgravia and som more moss. The tank will be used for Oophaga, probably a pair of my own offspring F1 O.P.Bastimentos RFB . If not the bastimentos it will be a pair of O.Escudo if I find a female. I would love to know your thoughts, comments, tips and advice! I don't build tanks often...

Greets,
Tijl

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found an old aquarium cabinet in the triftstore today, cost me the full €2! (+-2dollars) :D I only needed to make a bigger shelf to put the tank on. This is what it looks like so far :

Would love to get to feedback and some advice, mayebe change or add a plant? Missed a spot? Forgot something? Let me know!

Greets,
Tijl

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Im very happy with the cabinet and the conversion! I am glad you also like this.

If you mean the shelves on the first picture, they are containing some books,comics,deckboxes, rubix cubes, a big hypnotoad,catpole, a tattoo machine and some other very random stuff... :D
This is (a part of) my living room... Behind the shelves you can find 4 tanks and 6 growout boxes for all juvenile frogs. And some aphids...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, Im very happy with the cabinet and the conversion! I am glad you also like this.

If you mean the shelves on the first picture, they are containing some books,comics,deckboxes, rubix cubes, a big hypnotoad,catpole, a tattoo machine and some other very random stuff... :D
This is (a part of) my living room... Behind the shelves you can find 4 tanks and 6 growout boxes for all juvenile frogs. And some aphids...
Sorry, I mean the ones in the back with all the tanks on them. Actually that may be just the tanks themselves stacked on each other. What tanks are those?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belgium, a country down the Netherlands. 🙂

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But i am only selling offspring of my breeders

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad you like the build.

In this tank I used ; Trumpet nut pods,Bakuli pods,Bell cups and Sororoca flowers.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait for this young F1 female and a similar looking male to move to this tank when it's ready. I think she is by far the most beautifull offspring I got from my breeders to this day. The white around the eyes is not common with my offspring. Absolutley love it!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few changes are made in the meanwhile and this is how the tank looks like today:

I will still let it grow for a while before the O.P.Bastimentos inhabit the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the way the plants and the moss on the background have grown in. The seed pods are also a nice touch. Looks super natural and I'm sure the frogs will appreciate the dense cover and big ol' bromeliads once they're added.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a handsome tank! When are you planning on moving the frogs into it?

Thanks!
After the new lamps and misting system are installed. Then a few more weeks to make sure the temperature and everything is on point.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts