Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey! How did you find my secret frog room??? Jk... Lucky you! I saw some auratus when I was there but no oophaga. What part? Is the last one a rocket frog?

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IDs are as follows:
Oophaga granulifera
Oophaga granulifera
Phyllobates vittatus
Dendropsophus ebraccatus
Agalychnis callidryas
Silverstonei flotator

We spent the day at with a farmer at La Tarde, in the buffer zone for Corcovado National Park on the Osa Penninsula. It probably rained 2 inches that day. We looked for quite awhile for some auratus "Corcovado", but they weren't having it. We also did some searching for a pair of Fer de Lances that had been sighted on a particular stretch of the trail, but they were nowhere to be seen (my wife was happy about that). All in all we saw about 5 O granulifera, 1 P vittatus, 3 S flotator (as far as dart frogs go).

A few more photos for ya... :D

Crab-Eating Snake (don't know the latin descriptor)

Rain Frog (Craugastor fitzingeri possibly, but with the number of species in that area, its kind of a crapshoot for me)

Common Basilisk (Basilicus basilicus)

Another shot of an O granulifera

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its A. talmanace... we must have just missed one another!
Were you on the Osa too? We left on Oct 17th, right before the roads starting washing down the mountains into the river! Good thing we left when we did.

·
Banned
327 Posts
I was down there last summer, near the Osa in Puerto Jimenez. Unfortunately my girlfriend got sick on the last 5 days we had designated to exploring the Osa. Got near the Osa and found a few vittatus and auratus but never got to see any grannies. Found some amazing herps in Monteverde though. Great place to go although I hear Panama is pretty amazing as well.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Yup, on carrib slope into Panama from 9/15 through 9/27 then golfito, north, and puerto jimenez until 10/6.

We had fantastic weather. Huge storms in the evening, perfect for seeing all kinds of amphibs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts