Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IDs are as follows:
Oophaga granulifera
Oophaga granulifera
Phyllobates vittatus
Dendropsophus ebraccatus
Agalychnis callidryas
Silverstonei flotator

We spent the day at with a farmer at La Tarde, in the buffer zone for Corcovado National Park on the Osa Penninsula. It probably rained 2 inches that day. We looked for quite awhile for some auratus "Corcovado", but they weren't having it. We also did some searching for a pair of Fer de Lances that had been sighted on a particular stretch of the trail, but they were nowhere to be seen (my wife was happy about that). All in all we saw about 5 O granulifera, 1 P vittatus, 3 S flotator (as far as dart frogs go).

A few more photos for ya... :D

Crab-Eating Snake (don't know the latin descriptor)

Rain Frog (Craugastor fitzingeri possibly, but with the number of species in that area, its kind of a crapshoot for me)

Common Basilisk (Basilicus basilicus)

Another shot of an O granulifera

· Banned
328 Posts
I was down there last summer, near the Osa in Puerto Jimenez. Unfortunately my girlfriend got sick on the last 5 days we had designated to exploring the Osa. Got near the Osa and found a few vittatus and auratus but never got to see any grannies. Found some amazing herps in Monteverde though. Great place to go although I hear Panama is pretty amazing as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.