Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank isn’t even set up yet. I was just cleaning this cork bark round so it would be ready to use. I rinsed and scrubbed it clean with hot water, then put it in the oven at 245 degrees for 30 minutes(maybe part of it wasn’t completely dry?) Then I siliconed (aquarium safe) a small piece of cork inside it as a bottom for a planter. Two nights later this mold was there on one corner with a terrible smell. Should I just throw this out? I’m worried about still using it in the vivarium because it would be out of reach of the clean up crew, so I’m not sure how it would go away.

297237
297238
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
I think you're fine. Mold can come and go, especially in new tanks, just keep an eye on it. If it's something CUC would eat I'm sure they can get to it. I find iso's climbing up straight glass all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you're fine. Mold can come and go, especially in new tanks, just keep an eye on it. If it's something CUC would eat I'm sure they can get to it. I find iso's climbing up straight glass all the time.
Thank you, I’ve decided to not use it just to be on the safe side.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top