Dendroboard banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
For all my crafting needs in construction I have been using a rotary tool with a lot of success. All the attachments make it easy to sand, saw or drill difficult items with precision

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just picked this up from Harbor Freight. Great way to maneuver around the viv without too much disruption. Only $7.99. I think it's great, my frogs think "Hey, would you knock please!"

2" Mirror with Flexible Shaft $7.99

2" Mirror with Flexible Shaft

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
^^^ What he said.

For me, it'd have to be a razor blade. Use it to trim foam, scrape silicone off of glass, strip/cut wire, scratch my back, shave. An infinite number of applications. ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
My fiance found a 3 pack of 32oz heavy duty clear plastic cups with nice lids at the Everythings a dollar store yesterday. They actually have several sizes for good deals. 16oz was a 5 pack. Exact same size/shape and lids are interchangeable with regular fruit fly cups. The 3 pack 32oz was of course just a dollar if you didnt figure that out from the "Everythings a dollar store" part. :) Same goes for the 5 pack of 16oz.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
- Razor Blade (glass cleaning)
- 12" stainless steel tweezers
- Paint scraper (to clean glass)
- Airline tubing (to drain water from drainage layer)
- Funnel (to fit over dusting cup)
- A plastic spoon (to fling ff's everywhere in tank, great for thumbs/pums)

·
Registered
802 Posts
squeegee. Not the most absolutely vital thing, but when you want to see into your humid tanks it sure is handy to be able to just take one swipe and clear off the entire pane. Bought it for a dollar.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Instead of airline tubing, I use tubing from home improvement stores, found in the plumbing section. You get a big long roll of it for a couple bucks. Then I just cut it into sections for each of the tanks.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Pudding/Jell-O cups for tadpoles.... you can fit way more on the tad rack than you can deli cups, and I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's food grade plastic. Yogurt cups work as well, but the pudding containers are clear, usually a bit smaller, and they don't have ugly labels.

Plus, it's an excuse to eat more Snack Packs :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Flexible plastic collar-stays (from dress shirts). I use them to transfer tads once they hatch. They have a rounded end (good for scooping) and a pointed end (for pinpoint accuracy).

·
Registered
532 Posts
Aquariums.... Funnels or plastic steralite containers are my vote. I need to start thinking about heaters for my room though this winter...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use standard size aquarium air tubing for my "great stuff" straws. It works well, because its flexible enough to hit the hard to reach spots, and you don't need to try and maneuver the whole can around in the viv. You can use as long of a piece as you need. When I don't finish the can, it seems to only harden in the last inch or so, cut off the hard end, and good as new. Hope someone finds this useful.
Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I first tried this, I was really excited about how well it worked. I had a lot of wood in the tank, and with about 2 feet of hose, I could apply the greatstuff anywhere I wanted. A couple days later the excitement was gone when I couldn't figure out how to apply silicone and cocofiber to the areas that were so easy to put the greatstuff in. Something to keep in mind when applying the gs.
Mike

241 - 260 of 275 Posts