Dendroboard banner

221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's not exactly a tool but Harbor Freight Tools!!!

I have found almost everything there needed to build my tank except tank and plants.

·
Registered
205 Posts
great post! now to go shopping.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
LOWES....$19.00 !!!!

picked up a couple of these and tested em out.....they work GREAT.

• Utilitech Digital 8-Outlet Power Strip Timer

Utilitech Digital 8-Outlet Power Strip Timer
Item #: 331645 | Model #: TE08WHBL

Digital 8-Outlet Power Strip Timer
  • 7 day digital timer
  • 8 grounded outlets, 4 timer controlled outlets
  • Swivel safety covers
  • Lighted reset/off switch

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Can the above power strip timer be programmed to turn on two outlets 3 times a day for 5 minutes(fogger), and two outlets on and off once each(lights)?

that was my next test...it looks like it DOES have that ability......get back to ya on that one....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
that was my next test...it looks like it DOES have that ability......get back to ya on that one....
Hey Phil. I have the same timers and I bought them thinking that you can have multiple settings per day and you CAN, but the catch is that you cant do it individually. If you set it for multiple times per day, they all follow the same settings.

Please tell me that I'm wrong, haven't gotten it all figured out and that you can do the plugins individually.

I've also been having trouble with them keeping on the right time. Seems like every once in awhile, it resets somehow back to noon.

Let me know if you get them figured out better,

-Matt

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Not sure if it has been said, put Glad Press N' Seal is fantastic. I use it to seal all my froglet shoe/sweater boxes, to cover screen and in an emergency to cover the entire front of a vert if the door breaks. Amazing stuff.

J

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Not sure if it has been said, put Glad Press N' Seal is fantastic. I use it to seal all my froglet shoe/sweater boxes, to cover screen and in an emergency to cover the entire front of a vert if the door breaks. Amazing stuff.

J
Nice.

All along I've been using the standard cling wrap that needs water to help it stick to the glass of tanks.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000EG53L6/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760901&s=hpc"]
[/ame]

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
its also good for wrapping around sphag to keep cutting fresh and to "air-layer" plants. (a trick i learned from Al.

james

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i hate uploading pics, or i'd show you. i tried drawing a picture, but it was pretty bad,and also didnt help much, so i'll try again to explain it.

a cutting is taken... LFS is wrapped around the bottom of the cutting to keep the cut moist, the press and seal is then wrapped around the LFS to keep it in place and to aid in moisture retention.

james

·
Registered
15 Posts
probably already mentioned on here, but immersion blenders are great for mixing ff cultures. Just don't let your significant other catch you in the act!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I doubt these were already posted,(not reading 24-25 pages of it haha)

These dollar store salt shakers are perfect for transporting flies from room to room (to feed the frogs) if you don't want to carry the whole culture...
(pic from ontop of my viv----resized)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Behold...the Bug-Vac !

BUGVAC mini Bug Vacuum

List Price: Our Price: $10.90

SKU: KT-BUGVACm-1

Works best on a tile or slick floor....not carpet. Suction is more than adequate to snatch up all morphs and species of FF as well as bean beatles! An entire sweeping under and around your racks can sometimes produce quite a haul....re-use them and re-cycle!

So where does one find one of these?

221 - 240 of 274 Posts