Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am soon planning to make a 10g vert, and i want to know how to do the whole great stuff thing. I know you're supposed to glue on the ground up cocoa fiber, but how do you do it? Please give me steps and products recommended. Also, how do you mount bromeliads to the background? Any input will be greatly appreciated

Kasey

G

·
i'm never use cocoa fiber, but have used black silicone in a thick layer to add peat, soil, and the like. it's sort of flat though. i've siliconed tree fern panels to build up an area, then planted it with some peperomia's but have recently found a product i sell, which is a black waterfall expanding foam. it's safe and stiffer then "great stuff" which you can also add your cocoa fiber or vivarium mortar like i did:

http://www.terra5designs.com/gallery/photos/gallery_one.html

hope it helps. i'm waiting to find a good aboreal frog, green backed mantella i was told and it's location in madagascar before i plant it but you'll get the idea. what ever solution fit's you, make sure you tape off, wear gloves, and plan. nothing like shaving off a days worth of work...8-(

·
Registered
64 Posts
kinda of topic but dose any one elts have truple seeing trra5design.com?
for the background, you 1st put down back silicon to hid the caucing, then you put down a couple layers of caucing, then you (in little secions) put down clear silicon and put the coco bedding over it, oce its done you can just poke little holes for Brom stems

G

·
i get mine from a ditributor that works with garden & pond centers.
best bet for your location would be to contact any land or pond scapers.

G

·
mortar

terra 5 its so frustrating nobody sells your mortar in uk! i want some so much for a viv im planning with a waterfall :shock: .
gaaaa! theres no good vivarium suppliers in uk.........apart from dartfrog.co.uk but it doesnt sell mortar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts