Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions as to how often....
I only have one tank (zoo med 18x18x24) Will have Vents in it but currently empty.

Say I order a Dwarf Iso culture and I make.... 5 more cultures from that.
I put how many Isos (actual Bug count) in the tank?
And how often do I add more to the tank?

Do I need both Isos and Springs?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'd put as many as you can in the tank originally, because once frogs are added chances are they will eat a ton of them, and you will be only left with a small breeding population at that point. I'd then add some new iso's at night for reseeding so they aren't eaten the second they hit the floor (like with tincs). For feeding you'd obviously do it during the day. It depends on how much the frogs are eating to know how often to reseed but I often check with a flashlight at night to see how many there are and if I don't see many I add more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mitch thank you for the reply, Flash light at night to see how they are holding up in the viv is great idea.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Many bugs cannot see red light. Try putting a red lens over your flashlight and they might not even scurry for cover.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My springtails must be really bold...they're out day and night.If I use the flashlight at night they continue doing whatever it is they're doing LOL. It's actually pretty neat watching them...I need to get frogs soon because they are taking over the whole tanks though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I wondered if I started putting in springtails if there would be to many in a mo. when i finaly get my frogs hrmmm

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wouldn't say you can have "too many" springs, they won't bother the frogs when the frogs aren't eating them, they'll keep down the mold and eat poo. I wouldn't say you can have too many isos either, they will do the same as the springs and provide extra calcium for your frogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.