Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your basic bakers rack... check out lowes or even wal mart for them. Welcome to dendroboard!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You can get a 5-shelf baker's rack that holds a couple hundred pounds per shelf in black, chrome or white at Target for less than $50. It has two vertical tubes that screw together making it 6 feet tall completely assembled. Since I'm not 7 feet tall, I make two units of either two or three shelves that are 6 feet tall. The shelves are 36-inches long, but due to the vertical supports, a 36-inch long enclosure won't quite fit. They are ideal for two 29-gal or three 20-gal longs. Unfortunately, you can't quite fit two 18-inch wide Exo-Terras side by side unless you get the 48-inch racks.

Here is a link to Target's online photos. For some reason the online prices are substantially higher. I bought another 3-ft-wide 5-shelf set over the weekend for just under $50 (including tax) at our local Target.

Oh, and welcome to Dendroboard.

Honey-Can-Do Do 5-Tier Wire Shelves : Target

Jim
is there some type of racking system for dart frog breeder that i might be able to buy? and could you please showpictures

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not really. Assuming by racking system you mean like the plastic rack systems they use for snakes, geckos, and the like.
yeah i think he is looking for a turn key rack system. which i have seen a company that was making an acrylic rack sytem of tanks that were about 20gal each, i cant find it again, but some one on the boards posted it in the viv build area and when i saw the price :eek:

really most of the set ups here are self made and each tank is designed for the spieces thats to be put in it. so there really isnt a one size fits all tank/ rack system. unless sports docs room is duplicated.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
No real "system" for darts exists... The baker racks work well, tho. Target has them cheapest, hands down. We've gotten all of our racks there. :)

Edit: As Jim already mentioned - Target.com's prices are higher than they are in the store... Plus with the nifty Target card you get 5% off. On top of all that - they have sales every once and awhile. We bought out 3 stores worth of 48" racks when they had them for $49.99. That minus the 5%... :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
They can also be found at Home Depot at a very reasonable price. I think I paid around 80$ for the rack and optional castors (the castors are a very cool feature). Mine was a bit bigger than the ones previously mentioned. Mine is 72"h x 48"l x18"w.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts