Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really unsure what could be going on with this girl. A little background, I purchased her with 3 others back in March, after their month long quarantine they were moved into a 20g together until they were old enough to be sexed, at which point the two extra females were removed and placed into their own vivs, which was about a month ago. Since then she has been happily feeding on springtails and dusted ffs daily. Today I noticed she has this odd distended look to her belly, it's not slowing her down at all, but it just looks off. I tried figuring out what it could be, but none of my books seem to cover this. Is she just fat, eggbound, stressed?

side view

front (she doesnt have that "crease" down the middle like all my other females have)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Now...I am not a vet here or in any other life, so I defer to the opinions of others, but... it looks to me like she really needs to lay some eggs! My female tincs all get that same huge belly when they're mature.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been watching her closely today, she still isn't seeming bothered by this massive belly, and she isn't spending excessive time in the pool, but her back appears "bony" looking, which could be the heavy looking belly pulling the skin down. I'm not positive she is even fully mature yet, she is considerably smaller than my courting female, but I will put a petri dish under her cocohut just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts