Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been noticing my display leucomelas group have been bunching up in in one small area for the last few weeks. (5 Leucs, 55 gal.) I've had these frogs about six months and they're roughly 10 months old. Is this a normal thing for Leucs or are they depressed, lol? I'll attach pic on my next post so y'all can see. Thanks everybody!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am going to take out the moss and lay some ABG mix and magnolia leaves. I'll do that tomorrow and see what that does for them. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll post pics when it's done, maybe i'll add a few plants to beef up their hiding spots too.

Registered
Is the bulb putting off a significant amount of heat? It looks like they're hiding from the light in those pics...In case you put in a new bulb or something.

Registered
maybe the humidity is low. I find that my Leucs will huddle near the water when my humidity drops.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I keep the temp at 72-76 though out the tank, and humidity is usually right around 100% (i run a fogger at 30 min interval about 10 times a day). I just went out an picked up some new plants and some leaf litter so I'll do a overhaul and post my results in a few hours. Thanks again for everyones input!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so here's the new setup, added 5 plants a piece of driftwood and some magnolia leaf litter. The fog is running in these pic if it seems a little fuzzy. right now they're hopping around like crazy checking out the new lay of the land so no bunching up yet. I'll keep you guys posted and again thanks for all the help.

Attachments

Registered
I keep the temp at 72-76 though out the tank, and humidity is usually right around 100% (i run a fogger at 30 min interval about 10 times a day). I just went out an picked up some new plants and some leaf litter so I'll do a overhaul and post my results in a few hours. Thanks again for everyones input!
Your H2O schedule seems like overkill. You have a very prominent water feature in the tank (which takes up a large percentage of the volume), and I'm sure this alone will provide ample humidity in the tank. And on that note, I would like to comment that the soil in the viv looks supersaturated with water, which might not be best for the plants/frogs in the long term.

I also saw that you added a few leaves. Don't hesitate with the leaves. You should try to cover all the exposed substrate with leaves, so that you have a real "leaf litter". You can overlap the leaves -- it's OK. I would definitely add more leaves in there.

On a positive note, the viv is looking much better than before. The plants that you've added have created a lot of places for your frogs to hop around and to hide around, and I'm sure they'll enjoy it more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts