Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading Dave's post about a meet up in May and seeing all the positive feed back and being remind of all the froggers right here in the city, I thought I'd suggest a happy hour right in Manhattan either next week or the week after. Grab a few beers, meet a new face, talk frogs, trade a plant clipping, etc...

Just drop a post here to gauge interest and post what days and times are good for you

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm free usually every day but Wednesdays/Thursdays. My office is at 54th and 8th, but really can't stand midtown past that. I do understand that it would probably be the most convenient place for everyone to meet, so name a spot!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm free usually every day but Wednesdays/Thursdays. My office is at 54th and 8th, but really can't stand midtown past that. I do understand that it would probably be the most convenient place for everyone to meet, so name a spot!

No worries Midtown makes me want to jump in front of a bus! I was thinking more like the village area which is central even for you brooklyn folks

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ugh Otto's sux. Right on 14th st. It gets too much traffic and is full of locals who are too cool. They dont have a waterfall either.........

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True we never did set a date and Riko is already trying to avoid it!

Never been to otto's or tropical 128, I was originally think a standard bar would do but you guys are really getting into the theme.

I should say that I have a pretty strict happy hour rule that states that if it's before 8 then it should be at least half price, otherwise whats the point of happy hour...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think its 2-3$ drafts. Tropical seems to have good deals and we can play pool instead of talking about creeping ficus and its alternative uses.
Can we pick a day?

·
Registered
247 Posts
That Tuesday is no good for me...

How about Monday the 13th? I'll be at the Bowery Whole Foods for work until 7, so close by...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Wha? We diddent even set a date yet!
True we never did set a date and Riko is already trying to avoid it!

Never been to otto's or tropical 128, I was originally think a standard bar would do but you guys are really getting into the theme.

I should say that I have a pretty strict happy hour rule that states that if it's before 8 then it should be at least half price, otherwise whats the point of happy hour...
See! I knew it... I'm gonna be out of town from next week til after Pres. day....

1 - 20 of 182 Posts