Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a show worth going to? im going to be in the fairfield ct area that weekend and i was thinking about going. thoughts?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Black Jungle and Aaron's Frog Farm are always there plus some other vendors that sell darts as well. I mostly go there to meet up with other people in the area and pick up supplies. The show is mostly snakes, lizards and spiders now.

rob

·
Registered
230 Posts
It depends on what you're looking to buy. Last time Black Jungle brought D. castanoiticus (sp?). Rob is right. Of the "regular" frog vendors you can expect Black Jungle, Aaron and last time Heath's frogs was there. Of course there are other folk who have dart frogs there as well. Last time there were some awesome mantellas.

So if you want something specific I would contact the above mentioned vendors in advance. Great place to get supplies and plants and maybe meet other folks, but it's pretty hectic and crowded. Lots of snakes and lizards.

My $0.02

-Ben

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pretty much i just want to check out the scene and maybe pick up some supplies...i enjoy the lizards and snakes as well as i keep a couple of geckos too...sounds to me like it'd be worth checking out....im gonna ask another question while im in here instead of posting another thread...when listing your frogs...what does the annotation #.#.# stand for? just curious as i see it everywhere yet ive never read what the numbers stand for

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Like ther other guys said there will be two or three dart specific breeders there and its a good chance to pick out things by hand at Black Jungle. And if you also enjoy other herps its a great show, there are always alot of different kinds of turtles, lizards and snakes. There isnt much you cant find there.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The 1st # represents the # of males of that species the 2nd is for Females and the 3rd # stands for unknown.

So lets say you have D.imitator 2.3.1

it means you have 2 males 3 females and 1 frog that is still not sexed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts