Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Ron,

A very nice photo essay! Nathaniel Lord Britton is a personal hero of mine, as he grew up on Staten Island (from a very old family) and published the first flora here in 1879. He went on to study a great number of plants, including the orchids and cacti of the caribbean.

I only wish that he had established the NYBG here on Staten Island!

Thanks for the photos, Richard.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Nice - kind of crazy to think that when I was younger, late at night we would jump the tall spiked fence around that place and walk around and party in there. I had no idea later I would be thinking "Wow what a cool Monstera and Philo!" :p

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice - kind of crazy to think that when I was younger, late at night we would jump the tall spiked fence around that place and walk around and party in there. I had no idea later I would be thinking "Wow what a cool Monstera and Philo!"
But I'll bet the rum punch tasted that much better surrounded by all those plants from Trinidad.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wow, some of those shots look like the pics I took a year ago at the orchid fest. Makes me feel like I'm not so bad behind the lense.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, some of those shots look like the pics I took a year ago at the orchid fest. Makes me feel like I'm not so bad behind the lense.

This was such a beautiful show! That first green one (don't know the name) is stunning. I was so glad to see it back again this year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.