Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the show just ended a few hours ago and it was absolutely amazing. I had such a fantastic time meeting everyone here on the west coast. The frogs here were fantastic-- some I've never even seen before. I sincerely had one of the best times I've ever had at a show this weekend so far. Everyone should totally get out here for the next show, I highly recommend it. I'm sure everyone else soon will be posting about the show, so you'll hear plenty of stories. All in all, a fantastic time. I'll be flying out for sure next year.
j

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I am going to try and make it next year, and hopefully I will be going to IAD this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even know it was this weekend, otherwise I would have been there (being only a couple hours away). :x Next year, I guess...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't IAD happen this year already? if not when is it next? and why isn't there anything more centrally located? There's been Frogday in California, IAD in Baltimore, NWFF in Washington, and I think Frogday in Atlanta? Its like the MW/Central states get no love.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Its like the MW/Central states get no love.
Exactly, put a show in Kansas City or St. Louis and it'd be right in the middle for everyone to travel to. Next IAD is April 29 - May 1, 2005 I believe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nah, Indianapolis is too far east. Kansas City, or better yet, Denver would be good. :)

Bry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kyle u mean " Midwest Dendrobate Group (MDG)", right? I was wondering what happened to that i think it was Kevin Hoff who was in charge. Ive been meaning to Im him there were like two Newsletters than it stopped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I havent heard much about that since either. If anyone wants to revive that.... I would be willing to volunteer some time effort/ my jsp/java/html skills to help get things going.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all,
I am Kevin HOff's brother, and we are still in the process of organizing the best locations for possible meets. As for the newsletters, I will talk to my brother about releasing more to keep everyone updated. In my personal opinion, I think that we should organize a few different locations and have meets simultaneously. So we will probably need a few froggers in each general area to take charge of setting up the location, but we will work out all the details. I will talk to my brother and have him release another newsletter, and possibly ask a few interested individuals to take charge for their region. Kevin and I are located on a north suburb of chicago, so we could cover the lower wisconsin, and nothern illinios area. But all of your questions will be answered soon, we just need a little time to get exact information out. For those of you interested in possibly taking charge of your area, let me know, and tell me your general location. Thanks for still showing furthered interest.

Anyone interested in more info. should pm me.

Brian Hoff

·
Registered
210 Posts
Derek Benson said:
Ick....mountains, lol.
In comparison to the western 2/3rd of the state, Denver and all areas of eastern Colorado are quite flat. Come see Denver for yourself sometime, I promise you won't get a nosebleed.

Bry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Going along with what arklier said, I agree that maybe we should have meetings slightly staggered. Again we are still in the process of working all the little details out like that. But my other idea was: Have the small staggered meetings (every couple months), and every year have one big meeting where everyone can fly in or drive to, and have a bigger turnout. Which would hopefully lead to a meeting the size of IAD, or NWFF. We appreciate all opinions to improve the whole setup, and hope for more. Thanks.

Brian Hoff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts